Jason Pivoz joined Mellen, Smith & Pivoz PLC in 2007. Jason was admitted as a Member of the firm in 2014. He has both a Bachelor’s in Accounting and a Master’s in Taxation from Walsh College. Jason uses his technical knowledge to provide full spectrum tax, accounting and business consulting services to his clients. He focuses mainly on federal, state, and multinational tax planning and compliance.
Jason works to assist clients from start-up to succession plan, from college planning to retirement. Jason has assisted clients of all sizes with advanced tax and cash flow planning, corporate formation and restructuring, personal income and estate planning, and transactional planning.
Jason is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, Michigan Association of CPAs, and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
- Work closely with clients within various industries to reduce taxes and maximize profits
- Develop and implement financial and tax planning strategies which provide increased value to business owners and shareholders
- US international tax consulting and planning with extensive experience in business from Asia. Services include: entity structure, establishing and registering the business, worldwide tax planning and tax minimization, compliance reporting, exporters’ incentives, transfer pricing, key employee taxation matters, etc.
- Extensive general business planning and consulting
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisers
Education and Accomplishments
- Certified Public Accountant – Licensed in Michigan in 2008
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting – Walsh College, Troy, Michigan – 2007
- Master’s of Science in Taxation, Accounting/Tax– Walsh College, Troy, Michigan – 2009