Kewei Mao joined Mellen, Smith & Pivoz PLC in 2011. Before joining the firm, Kewei worked for a world-wide Japanese manufacturing company in the automotive industry. He received a Bachelor’s in Japanese from the University of Shanghai for Science & Technology, and Master’s in Accounting from Western Michigan University.
Kewei’s specific areas of expertise include tax preparation for individuals, partnerships and corporations, as well as international tax form preparation. Kewei is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and Michigan Association of CPAs. He speaks English, Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese.
- Bookkeeping services including monthly bookkeeping, quarter-end and year-end adjustments
- Tax preparation and consulting services for individuals, partnerships, and corporations
- International tax form preparation including forms 2555, 5471, 5472, 114, 8938
- Tax research and planning including preparation of annual income tax provisions
- Attestation services including compilation, review and audit engagements
- General business consulting services including application of Minority Business Enterprise
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
Education and Accomplishments
- Certified Public Accountant – Licensed in Michigan in 2013
- Certified Level 1 of Japanese-Language Proficiency
- Master of Science, Accounting – Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan – 2012
- Bachelor of Arts, Japanese – University of Shanghai for Science & Technology, China – 2007