Mark L. Smith joined Mellen, Smith & Pivoz PLC in 1980. Mark was admitted as a Member of the firm in 1987. He has a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Accounting from Wayne State University. Mark uses specific experiences and specializations which include general business consulting services, financial data analysis and interpretation. His specific areas of expertise include tax, accounting, consulting, mergers and acquisitions.
Mark has assisted a wide range of clients with advertising/marketing, chemical processing, communications/broadcasting services, and computer software development, construction, insurance, extensive manufacturing, nonprofit and charitable. Professional service companies including attorneys, doctors and consultants, property management, real estate development/brokerage, restaurants, retail trade, travel (wholesale and retail) and waste reclamation.
Mark is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, Michigan Association of CPAs, and Long Standing Board of Director with the Birmingham/Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce.
- Business valuation services including matters related to gift and estate planning, divorce, buy-sell agreements, and partner/shareholder disputes
- Litigation support services including expert testimony
- Consulting services related to business acquisitions, sales and mergers
- Due diligence engagements related to business acquisition
- Accounting and tax support engagements provided to court appointed receivers and bankruptcy trustees
- Accounting and auditing services including preparation of financial forecasts, projections, budgets, and cash flow analyses, compilations, reviews, and audits of financial statements for businesses, individuals, non-profit organizations and retirement plans
- Tax preparation and consulting services including representation before taxing authorities for businesses, individuals, trusts, non-profit organizations and retirement plans
- General business consulting services including financial data analysis and interpretation
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Long Standing Board of Director with the Birmingham/Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
Education and Accomplishments
- Certified Public Accountant – Licensed in Michigan in 1983
- Bachelor of Science, Major Accounting – Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan – 1980