Michael A. Pivoz joined Mellen, Smith & Pivoz PLC in 1974. Mike was admitted as a Member of the firm in 1979. He has a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration and majored in Accounting. Mike also has a Juris Doctor from Wayne State University Law School.
Mike provides extensive business services to clients in a wide range of industries and professions. His specific areas of expertise include tax, accounting, fraud, and forensics. Mike has assisted a variety of businesses and organizations, including professional service companies, law firms, medical practices, and consulting firms.
Mike is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, Michigan Association of CPAs, American Bar Association Federal Tax Committee, American Association of Attorneys and CPAs and Forensic Accountants Society of North America.
- Business valuations
- Assistance with purchases, sales and mergers of many type of business enterprises
- Litigation services, including court testimony, economic loss and present value calculations, pension valuations, employee dishonesty (fidelity bond) investigations, business interruption and other insurance loss calculations
- Accounting and auditing services including: financial statements, financial forecasts, cash flow analysis, projections and budgets, analysis and interpretation of financial information, personal financial statements, retirement plans, etc.
- Tax services (business, individual, estate, trust, retirement plan, etc.) including preparation, analysis, planning and representation before tax authorities
- Extensive general business and retirement plan consulting
Industry Involvement and Affiliations
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Federal Tax Committee of the Michigan Association of CPAs
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Forensic Accountants Society of North America
- American Association of Attorneys and CPAs
- Michigan Bar Association
- Michigan Trial Defense Council
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association Federal Tax Committee
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
Education and Accomplishments
- Wayne State University BS – 1975
- Wayne State University Law School JD – 1979